2009 – Present MEDIA STRATEGIST
Digital Media Strategist and Technologist interested in the intersection of Media, Art, Technology, and Business and specializing in Paid, Earned, Sponsored, and Owned media engagement, interactive media policies and innovation; providing value throughout product life cycles while shepherding ideas from concept to conclusion.
- Provided media strategy for Health & Fitness, Sporting Goods, Photography, Cosmetics, Video Gaming Retail, and Arts & Culture businesses. Produced over 600 web videos and podcasts for earned and owned media campaigns.
- Developed interactive media communication plans; Managed social media communities with over 20 Million combined 1st and 2nd degree connections combined.
2012 – 2016 WONDERROOT – Communications & Business Manager
WonderRoot is an Atlanta-based nonprofit with a mission is to unite arts and community to inspire social change. With more than 20 programs and initiatives ranging from Public Art Installations and Artistic Professional Development to Film Screenings, Gallery Exhibitions, and Public Dialogues, WonderRoot is currently one of the most recognizable nonprofit organizations in the Atlanta Region.
- Oversaw WonderRoot’s brand re-launch: implementing new brand marks, symbols and messaging for the organization, plus crafting new logos and visual architecture for existing and new programs.
- Guided WonderRoot’s digital footprint, including building and managing a new website (wonderroot.org), managing all WonderRoot Social Media channels, writing monthly email newsletters and program notices, and developing digital promotional materials.
- Editor of WonderRoot’s blog; Host, Editor, and Producer for all 200+ episodes of the arts-focused WonderRoot Podcast Series.
- Provided strategic advice for programming that included scheduling, naming programs, identifying and securing talent for events, and providing general input regarding the overall vision of programs.
- Served as ambassador for WonderRoot, including speaking on behalf of the organization at events and conferences; Host/Moderator for public dialogues with Atlanta artists, activists, and scholars.
- Responsible for developing print materials, including signage for the WonderRoot Community Arts Center, the signature WonderRoot informational brochure, the signature WonderRoot banner, WonderRoot Gallery exhibition brochures, 3D-printed materials, and general program posters, flyers, postcards, etc.
- Served on inaugural advisory committee for The WonderRoot’s CSA (Community Supported Art) program, a locally and nationally recognized art commerce initiative impacting Atlanta’s arts ecology.
2008 – 2008 COLUMBIA INSTITUTE FOR TELE-INFORMATION
Research Assistant, concentrating on Finance, Strategy, and Technology issues related to next-generation opportunities in digital media.
- Performed “make vs. buy” feasibility studies focused on digital media platforms; gained strong insight into current telecom issues: network neutrality, future-generation wireless connectivity, global wireless penetration, and mobile device feature convergence.
- Authored business plans related to next-generation broadband wireless connectivity and mobile applications, including market analysis and financial forecasts.
COLUMBIA BUSINESS SCHOOL New York, NY
MBA; Dean’s List, Co-President of Media Management Association
International Exchange Student, London Business School
GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Atlanta, GA
BS, Mechanical Engineering; Faculty Honors; Full Scholarship
MOREHOUSE COLLEGE Atlanta, GA
BS, Mathematics; Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa; Full Scholarship
- Member of the Atlanta Regional Commission’s 2015 class of Arts Leaders of Metro Atlanta (ALMA). In constant dialogue with Arts, Civic, and Business communities about best practices and pathways for innovation synergies across Technology, Art, and Business.
- Journalistic contributor to BURNAWAY.org, ARTSATL.com, and Americans for the Arts
- Board member of Atlanta Jewish Music Festival
- Hudgens Prize Advisory Committee Member
Guest Lecturer: Spelman College, Spelman College Musuem of Fine Art, Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD)